Call For Dicks
Gabrielle Revlock and Nicole Bindler of The Dance Apocalypse are seeking dicks for the 2016/17 season. There are two of us so we can handle several, but one good dick will suffice. Are you the dick we're looking for? The bigger, the better.
At least a basic working knowledge of contemporary dance, and a strong interest in learning more about the field.
Desire to advocate enthusiastically for Gabi and Nicole among presenters, funders, and audiences.
Extremely confident, charismatic, persuasive, and tenacious.
Experience earning, raising, or otherwise getting money.
Looks sharp in a suit.
Tall, authoritative, and not afraid to use male privilege to get shit done.
Loves us unconditionally.
Has a dick.
A plus, but not required:
Ability to lift 200lbs.
PhD in Performance Studies.
Law degree or medical experience.
A mild Dutch accent.
To apply email firstname.lastname@example.org with resume, cover letter, photo, and two references by October 31, 2016.
Please share with all your dick friends!
Call For Funders
Gabrielle and Nicole invite funders to apply to support The Dance Apocalypse’s 2017 creative work. Eligible funders must demonstrate a history of supporting radical, experimental, feminist performance for at least 5 years. To be considered please submit a letter of intent to by December 31, 2016 addressing the following questions:
• What is your mission? What is your distinct contribution to the ecology of the region’s cultural community? How do you place your funding in the context of the field at large?
• Describe your support capabilities. What activities are involved?
• How does support of The Dance Apocalypse relate to your organization’s mission and/or your programmatic goals?
• How does your proposed approach in this application, as well as your history with past artists (give examples), demonstrate that your organization is ready to take on this project with a realistic expectation for success?
• How do you anticipate your support broadening the audiences for The Dance Apocalypse?
• How will you document your support?
• How will you evaluate the programmatic impact your support has had on The Dance Apocalypse? How might you incorporate your learnings going forward?
• What potential impact might your support of The Dance Apocalypse have on the field?
• What is the evidence of your organization’s ability to effectively manage and steward this project from a financial and governance standpoint?
Pre-Dating and Post-Dating Services
Is dating bringing you down? Do you keep meeting duds? Do you feel like dating is a waste of time? Hire a Pre-dater!
Gabrielle Revlock, Certified Pre-dater is now accepting new clients.
What is a Pre-dater you ask?
A Pre-dater is someone who meets your date prior to your first face to face meeting with a warm, professional and astute demeanor. They are a person who shows up to screen your date on your behalf so you don’t have to waste time figuring out whether they’re totally lame. It’s hard to tell if someone is a creep virtually. Gabrielle will discern this for you and weed out the bad apples. Save time, energy and potential heartbreak.
Gabrielle has your best interests at heart. Happiness and love is just a Pre-date away.
Post-Dating Informational Video
Kickstarter Rewards Program
If you pledged a sucessful kickstarter and they never sent you your reward you can re-activate your reward with The Dance Apocalypse. For $10 and we will send a comparable reward within one week. Email us to claim your due reward!
Million Dollar Kickstarter